Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws

Hi pearl,
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am absolutely furious with the outcome of a dispute regarding a room which was given to us on our holiday to Mauritius through Thomson holidays. We paid for a Superior room but were given a Standard room. I have been in correspondence with them and on the first occasion upon return from holiday I presented my case, they said that we were given what we paid for a "superior room", and on this occasion they were not willing to give any sort of compensation. We spent a lot of our savings for this holiday, as you will appreciate we were furious spending 14 nights in a standard room. In any event I was able to get some photographic evidence of the room and rooms presented on their website. Clearly we were put into a standard room. I have received an email today, from another person saying that they stand by the first decision. No mention about the room difference. I wonder if you will be able to help in this situation. I am currently at work so please bear with me regarding replying to you. I will try in any event to reply thank you maria coble, ps, I could pass on all emailed correspondence if you wish.
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have sent the first email stating my complaint, after receiving their reply, I then sent another email with photographs of the room etc.
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really, that's mainly the long and short, basically my dispute is that we paid for a superior room and got a standard room, the email I received a short while ago does not even mention the rooms. just that they stand by the first decision of their customer service rep.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much are you seeking to claim please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jamie,Basically, its difficult to specify, firstly the fact that we paid for a superior room and were given a standard room, I do not know the difference in price, but this would be one claim, then of course having to be in a room for 14 nights, which was far from spacious, and the room was really shabby did not help. We were looking forward to a "dream holiday" which took a lot of our saving, and which although could not fault the resort the room situation was a big factor. I am annoyed that the Thomson customer services, are not even acknowledging the fact that there was a significant difference in a superior room and a standard room and are evading this issue in spite of sending photographs of the room we were given.
I am at work to hence the speedy replies. I can forward on emails if you wish.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

I think you would be looking at say, 25%.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the help, in your opinion what is the likelihood of a claim being successful in your experience of such matters.

I think you have a good arguable claim.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!