How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10474
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I got a parking penalty in April. I accidentally pu the

This answer was rated:

i got a parking penalty in April. I accidentally pu the wrong digit in the car registration and have been hounded by the company that runs the car park at Hayward Heath Station. I have sent 3 emails and 2 letters and included my bank statement which shows i paid £8 . They insist that I have to produce a receipt or the ticket, neither of which I have. I consulted the CAB website which states that the statement is sufficient evidence but they just tell me CAB is wrong . Where do I go form here. The original fine of £100 has now gone up to £170 because i didn't pay within the appeal period.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in East Sussex, but the carpark is in West Sussex
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you appeal to anyone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wrote 3 emails and a letter to the company ZZPS

Ok - did they ever respond?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I will call shortly.

I dont think you have put your number in right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the number is *****

Got it.