Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I was lookink to register and start my own clothing brand in

hello my name is ***** ***** was lookink to register and start my own clothing brand in 2016, but trademark registration faled, so i had brake from that business idea, and 3 month ago i started to figureing it out again, but today i checked and somone started similar brand. need help with this one, cos dont know what to do, start my brand registration and sales or not.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i tryed to register brand in 2016, so i have all emails, apart that only scatches on paper of brand ideas and designs
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: i gues no

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i strat my brand anyway? will there be any issues in the future? my brand is ''godlike world'' the other persons is ''godlike apparel''

Is it in the same industry and product?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a clothing brand

Are the logos similar?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no logo is diferent

Ok - you can use your new logo and line as long as it is not confusingly similar.

That is the test in Court - would a consumer be confused.

If the answer is no, that is fine and you can use it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks, ***** ***** more question, he is using godlike word on his t-shirts and hoodies, so as i understand i can not use this word on my t-shirts, no mater if font/text style is diferent?

Correct.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it better to start selling and than register trademark? or vice versa? Cos last time i was trying to register, they refused it.

Correct.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your help

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!