F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.

I sold my house the proseeds went on estanding on new house.

I sold my house the proseeds went on estanding on new house. With regards ***** ***** it is 700 a month.

There is absolutely no reason why you cannot instruct solicitors at any stage of the proceedings. There is no reason why you shouldn’t do the divorce yourself but asked them to do the financial issues. Remember that you have to apply for the financial order after you start the divorce proceedings before you get the decree absolute

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Please take a moment to look at the top right hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen. It’s important you use the rating service because that gives me credit. It doesn’t just give me a pat on the head! All you need to do is press Submit. Thank you. If you still need any point clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.

Please ignore the previous post. It was off another thread. I apologise. It happens occasionally if cut and paste doesnt work.

Thank you. Without knowing all the financial details here, you are entitled to at least what you both put in plus you would be entitled to an allowance for the fact that you paid the majority of the mortgage. As I said in my previous reply, the fact that the house may be in your wife’s sole name is ***** *****