How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13323
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I run a home care company and have recently had an issue

This answer was rated:

I run a home care company and have recently had an issue with a family memeber of a client, he has become very rude and abusive to our carers, we have reported it to the police and safeguarded it with the local council, however he has now started to post things derogatory things about the company on social media, where do we stand with this?

Thanks for your question. Your solicitor should immediately issue a cease and desist letter warning this person not to post untrue statements about your company and to remove existing statements. If he doesn't you can sue for damages for defamation. As regards ***** ***** behaviour your reports to the police are the correct way to deal with this. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you