Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

Agent working on my behalf fails to have my interests at

Agent working on my behalf fails to have my interests at heart I voice my concerns he terminates our agreement but still wants his commission ? Where do I stand ?

Dear Eileen

What was the agreement between you, what was he supposed to do for you?

Is the agreement in writing and what does it say about termination?

Why do you feel that he was not acting in your best interests?

On what basis does he want his commission ?

Did the agent achieve the agreed objective?

Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The agreement states that he does an inventory, this wasn't done
Their cleaning company recommended failed their obligations
They undercharged the rental value
It does say in their termination that either party can terminate the agreement for any reason I would remain liable. Can this be held up in court?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi I am having difficulty with the JA telephone system which is refusing to initiate the call . IO hasten you add you are only charged for a call if it occurs. I will contact expert support to see why it is not working.

However to answer your question

An agreement that basically states that you can fail to perform the contract adequately but still be paid is very unlikely to go down well with a court.The fact you terminated because they failed to perform the contract should not be a reason that allows them to recover.

How much are they seeking?

Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They terminated the contract because I stated the price was too low and asked for an extra £50 a week before this I started because of the low rate it would be a short - contract. The agent must of done his sums and thought I will end this contacted now as it stands with there agreement I would have then to pay more £1300
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry it doesn't make sense-
Over a year they would get £1350 commission over 6 months thus would be half by terminating it too day I would have to pay the full for nothing

Did they find a tenant and is that tenant still there ?

Michael