How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7502
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I would like to ask an advice re the dispute with the

This answer was rated:

My name is***** would like to ask an advice re the dispute with the builders.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a problem with my builders, who left me on Friday after I refused to pay more than I have already done. I have paid half of the agreed amount, the work is well behind the agreed schedule. last week the builder brought the material - roof tiles and put them in front of my house . Now he is attempting to collect all this building material , saying that he has all invoices and he paid for that

Ok - so you have paid the agreed sums and he is refusing to complete the work?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I paid half of the amount and keep paying weekly .. last week I refused based on the fact that the agreed job has not been done

Ok - so what do you want to know? Can you refuse to let him pick up his materials?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I called to the police .. they have refused to come and told that I have to allow him in ..otherwise if Im fighting for my property ,im in trouble
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
they said if I disagreed, I can sue him latter

Yes you can sue him later The Police wont do anything, its a civil matter. But you can refuse to let him onto your property.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you ! the main thing I would like to know for now if he has any rights to enter my territory and pick up whatever from here ? even if he has the invoices for that ? (I transfer to his account and he bought everything obviously) .. I concern that police said I have to allow him to do that ..

No, you can stop him. He has no right to enter.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you.. clear )

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sure thanks !