How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35276
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex partner moved with my 2 children 120 miles away about

This answer was rated:

My ex partner moved with my 2 children 120 miles away about 5 years ago. She normally meets me halfway when i have the kids every 2 weeks. She is now refusing to do this as I complained about her being an hour and a half late last time we met. She is also now insisting that i pay her maintenance through the csa even though i have never missed a maintenance payment. Do I have any rights regarding the travel arrangements?

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are the children and how often do you see them?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
8 and 10. I see them every 2 weeks from Friday to Sunday. I drive 65 miles to pick them up and then 65 home on friday and then the same on Sunday. She now says if I want to see them i have to drive 120 miles there and back on Friday and again on Sunday. So 480 miles over the course of the weekend. She says that there is nothing I can do about this even though she moved my kids away from me. I will obviously do it if its the only way I can see my kids but dont think its fair

She is wrong

You are able to apply to the Family Court for a specific issue order dealing with the travel arrangements.

The starting point is for you to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting with a local Family Mediator

If mediation is not possible then you can apply to the Family Court of an Order dealing with the tRavel arrangements - which will be re-instated since there is no reason they should not be - and also for the times to be set.

The form you will need is a C100 and the fee is £215

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you

You are most welcome I hope all goes well

Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you