How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12301
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am currently paying my estranged wife £130 per week for my

This answer was rated:

I am currently paying my estranged wife £130 per week for my three children aged 12, 10 and 5. This was a mutually agreed amount which she is constantly demanding more. My annual income consists of a police pension and an injury on duty award which is reviewed annually together with my income from my current job. my gross in my current job is £25000. My pension and Injury award this year is just over £18000, a total of £43000 Gross. I see my children every other weekend and one of them once a week, a total of about 150 nights a year, which increases with school holidays and Christmas period. I am currently living with a new partner who has two children under the age of 14 who I financially support. I need to know where I can officially get a document saying how much I should be paying her for my children ? she is demanding I pay her monthly which I do not wish to do, where do I stand here legally?

Thanks for your question. I calculate that you should be paying about £79 per week. There isn't really an official document you can get but what you could do is use the child maintenance calculator on the website and print the result which gives you the amount and also the basis for the amount, i.e., number of children, income, nights per week with the children etc. Again there is no law which says that you have to pay weekly or monthly to indeed any other interval. That should be done in the context of what suits your own payment cycle but monthly would generally be the maximum interval. Let me know if I can assist you further. Please also leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your time and prompt reply. This answers my question perfectly thank you

You're welcome. Don't forget to leave a positive rating on the system so that JustAnswer credits me for my time.

JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you