How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6449
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

About 3 months ago I caught my husband kissing my best

This answer was rated:

Hi, about 3 months ago I caught my husband kissing my best friend. I lost my temper, hit him and hit her. Then about 3 weeks ago a policeman called me to say the woman had made a complaint against me saying I broke her fingers in the scuffle. I have no recollection of this. I said to the policeman it was such a long time ago that she could have done this in another way and there was no proof to say I had done it. He seemed to agree. He told me not to worry about it and as I was on holiday at the time he would call me the following week to discuss. He did say he would like to get me and the woman together to talk things through, I said I couldn't possibly do that because she betrayed me. He again told me not to worry and said he would speak next week. That was 3 weeks ago and I've heard nothing more. However one of the woman's friends has now said today, that she went down to her house on that night, twenty minutes after I left and saw the woman's broken fingers. She said ABH won't look good on my CV. I'm not really sure what to do, should I just ignore this? Should I have heard from the police by now?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Are you sure it was a genuine Policeman that called you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
he came to my house and my son put him on the phone to me. Just wanted to add I've never been in trouble of any kind before.

Ok - when you say ignore it, ignore what aspect?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm not sure whether to go and see police or just leave it now as I've heard nothing. My ex friend was so drunk that night she could have done anything to herself. Could they still charge me I suppose. I'm not sure what evidence they would have apart from the other woman going down twenty minutes later and saying she saw broken fingers.

Unless they have asked you to go in for an interview, I would not do anything.

They may just take no further action. But you dont want to rock the boat especially at this stage.

So if you have heard nothing further, just let sleeping dogs lie.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No that's fine thank you. I honestly would have thought if they were taking it further I would have been questioned by now. Thank you for your help.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will do. Thank you.