How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7266
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

How do I apply for a civil court order to ask for copy's of

This answer was rated:

How do I apply for a civil court order to ask for copy's of phone conversations between myself and Sussex police ? My neighbour wants to get an injunction on me for harassment etc. The copy's of phone calls are of police officer (who dealt with a low level parking issue) stating "
it is yourself (me) who is more likely being harrassed) and the Neibour is obsessed and cousing problems."
There was a 15 min hearing where the judge told the claimant to set out more clearly what you want. (To be heard in October.) And if needed apply for info from police. Neglecting to say a court order would be nesesary from the claimant. (Plus it seems from me) More importantly it is I the defendant who seeks the above in order to discredit the lies the claimant is concocting.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, they are your OWN conversations? Have you already asked the Police for these?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
my conversations. I have asked***@******.***

Ok - then you need to make an application using form n244:

The court will set the matter down and decide whether to make an order.

If the Court does then they will disclose it as per the image you have provided.

However you can not claim the cost of the application, which is currently £255, back.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This hearing in October is in Hastings. Where do I send this application ? Do I set it out as I have originally to the police pnn?

You send it to your local County Court. Yes, you set out that you have already contacted the Police.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think so.
The original hearing was our town of eastbourne. But Sussex is undergoing changes regard court hearing venues. The next one is in Hastings. Not sure which one to send to?

You can find your local Court here:

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
In light of what I said above. It's unsure if it's eastbourne Hastings or Brighton

You need to go to the Court finder. But do it at your local County Court. If its the wrong one they will transfer it

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thank you

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will do that gladly.
One thing. I am confused with this form n244. I am applying to Sussex police data protection unit for copy's of phone calls. Surly I don't have to copy to claimant, question 9. In question 10, do I just provide my statement of case? And a statement of truth. I don't have a legal representative, I guess leave that blank? In this case I would imagine a hearing is not nesersary.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Question 9. Who should be served? Sussex data protection yes?

Sussex Police Force.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just "Sussex police force" ? Not data protection?
And the other questions above 9 ?


You keep a copy, the Police get a copy and the Court get a copy.

You must tick with a Court hearing, but time estimate 15 mins

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you. Except the bit about a hearing. There has been a hearing for 15 mins called by the claimant for injunction. where judge tells claimant to apply to police for phone call evidence. Why would there have to be a another hearing ? And between who, me and Sussex police ?

There would be a hearing between you and Police re disclosure of the calls.

So the other side wont turn up. The Police might, but I doubt it.

But you need an order for the calls.

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
indeed. You have been very helpfull!! I hope your getting paid enough!! ��