How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

When my husband and first wife got divorced a charge was put

This answer was rated:

When my husband and first wife got divorced a charge was put on the family home in that a payment was to be made to the ex wife if my husband sold the property, remarried or died. The payment was to be paid within 12 months of these clauses.The payment was made directly when we married however this was done informally. We now want to change the mortgage etc so want to remove the charge. How do we do this?

Hi, thank you for your question. Depending on what kind of charge is registered, an application will now need to be made to the Land Registry to discharge the charge and the ex-wife will be given notice of the discharge request.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you