How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10955
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I am expecting a baby in may but my partner is from

This answer was rated:

Hi I am expecting a baby in may but my partner is from Argentina. He comes to the uk every summer on a 3 month work permit or tier 5 visa. Will he now have rights to enter the uk if he has a child here?

1. Dear Sophie, under the Zambrano ruling of the European Court of Justice, a non-EU father, such as your Argentinian partner, has the right to both live and work in any country of the EU, including Britain, to support that EU citizen child, which your child would be as it will be a British citizen.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What visa would he need?

2. This means that once your british citizen child is born, your Argentinian partner will be able to apply for a visa to both lIve and work in the UK. So, once the child is born, you should register him as father of the child in the Birth Certificate.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What type of visa and how much would that cost?

3. Your partner would apply for an EEA Family Permit. Here is a link to the Government webpage which sets this application process out The visa is free.

4. Essentially, your Argentinian partner would both have a retained right of residence and also be a family member of an EU citizen child.

5. Please Rate or Accept the Answer as unless you do so your Expert will not get paid by the website for answering your question.

Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you