How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6733
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have been refused a 123 Current Account by Santander

This answer was rated:

I have been refused a 123 Current Account by Santander because I have a CCJ which I have paid of in full on the 24/08/2017 after I sold my flat which I am now renting. Can they do this when I have over £100,000.00 in my BRS bank account.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Is it only on the basis of the CCJ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
they say i have a bad credit rating tried Fist Direct got the same reply on the phone when i said I had a ccj.

The answer is yes. Although its marked as satisfied it will remain on your record for 6 years.
Banks tend to be more cautious when a CCJ when a CCJ us under 12 months old.

But yes, they can do this and it is legal.

If you are unhappy you can raise a formal complaint. If that is not upheld then you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service at:

That may resolve it for you. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok then i will invest in in a Isa and other things then thanks for the advice.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you