How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6782
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I want to take a photographer to court for refusing to

This answer was rated:

I want to take a photographer to court for refusing to refund two payments made by myself totalling £593.00, after the photographer stated she would no longer work with us, due to me refusing her permission to use the images for her own marketing and website promotion.
I also would like her to delete all images of my child. * She agreed to do this in one email, then retracted the offer within minutes in another email.My girlfriend made the initial enquiry and booking over the phone with me present. During the conversation several dates were discussed and once we all agreed upon these, I passed my girlfriend my credit card to make payment for the initial booking. the payment with my own credit card, and I made a further payment at the studios on my own debit card for £525. I also signed the order form at the studio not my girlfriendThe photographer is refusing to deal with me directly stating that it's my girlfriend that has opened the contract with her for her services due to making the initial enquiry and booking. She is also claiming because we are unmarried she is directly responsible for all matters relating to my child.Despite the fact that it's my credit / debit cards that were used for the booking and I was the only person that signed the order form.Furthermore, I'm the biological farther of the child.Does her argument have merit that needs to deal directly with my partner only on this matter?PsI have sent the photographer 1) notice before intended legal action letter 2) subject access request and 3) section 10 of data protection act response letterAlso, can you recommend any other advice and how I should write the dispute on moneyclaim should she not refund me before the deadline

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Who paid please, you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
me on my own cards

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I will call shortly.