How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6421
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Do you assist in tenanacy agreements for a commercial

This answer was rated:

do you assist in tenanacy agreements for a commercial business

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We are a family owned golf club and originally rented 59 acres of land off my brother, it was set up as a family business etc. My brother has died and his children now wish to double our rent. We are not saying that there should not be an increase but we want somebody to read out lease to tell us what rights we have etc as at the moment everything seems to be in their favour. Hope that makes sense

How many pages is it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
17 pages

Thanks. I can assist but it would be an additional cost as its not within the remit of the price for the question. I will put together an additional service for you to review.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Can you attach it here please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have tried the "Add file" button but it does not respond i have also tried dragging it accross but it will not let me

Have you tried the paperclip? Or can you upload it somewhere?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi im sorry but there is no paperclip just a "+Add files" button next to the send button but when i click on it nothing happens, i have tried dragging the file into this text box but it will not allow me. Is there an e mail address i can send the file too. There is also no facility for me to upload the file
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hii have just mailed you the lease, in the subject i put Jamie-Law Many thanks Sarah

Thanks! It can take a day or two to get sent them from admin

Ive read this now - what is it you want to know?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do we have any rights, our landlord wishes to double our rent. We would also like to know is the landlord responsible for building repair etc and should he be insuring it and anything else you could tell us

Yes you can give notice for dispute and it will go before an Arbitrator who you both appoint.

I would suggest someone from RCIS - Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. They deal with these types of dispute all the time.

You pay old rent pending determination but if it goes against you then you pay the higher rent backdated.

Landlord is liable for building insurance, but not contents.

You are also responsible for repair.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you