Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

I was negotiating a rent review with a tenant and agreed a

I was negotiating a rent review with a tenant and agreed a new rent. I wrote down what we agreed and we both signed the note. Is this binding? Is there a cooling off period? 24 hours later , I have changed my mind , Is there a cooling off period in this situation, What can I do to get out of this agreement?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

No, there is no cooling off period I am afraid.

If it was signed then by Law it’s binding.

Sadly unless the tenant agrees then you can’t pull out or change your mind.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I omitted to mention that I did not own the land , I was acting on the owners behalf. On the note I put the rent for year1 year2 and year 3 however it should have been heads of terms as I have to get the owner to agree.

Sadly it’s binding. You could be liable for breach of contract if you lead the tenant to believe you were the landlord.

Does that clairfy?