How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I applied for a simplified divorce through the court

Customer Question

I applied for a simplified divorce through the court recently but had a response to say my ex wife is contesting on financial grounds, we have been separated over 6 years and did not own a property, l walked away with nothing from the marital home and paid her £200 per month over 6 years to make sure my youngest son who was over 16 and working did not go short, we had approx £40k of debt being managed by a debt management company, I have been making all payments to this over the period with approx £6k to go to be debt free, she wants half the small pension I had during our marriage which had a transfer value of £51k at point of separation, due to my current financial circumstances I don't want the expense of going to court to resolve this, any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question
My name is Clare
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first
For clarity - you used the five year separation ground?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did not think there would be any issues.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.
I am not certain what you mean about not going to court - you realise that that is the only way forward?