How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16645
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I am having trouble with Anglian Windows. I paid a deposit

This answer was rated:

I am having trouble with Anglian Windows. I paid a deposit at the beginning of July, plus various other payments, all adding up to over £7000 to have a replacement roof (polycarbonate tiles) on my conservatory. Two weeks ago I had a letter informing me they would start work the week beginning 6th Nov. However, they now tell me the work would start end of November or beginning Dec. Have they not fulfilled their side of the contract?
And can I cancel the contract and get at least some of my money back? Sal

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have they said on what basis they can change the dates?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you telling me I have to pay for follow up questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What further info are you giving me on my original question?

Yes, they are in breach of contract.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help. I will do as you say and see if I can get a refund. Maybe then I will sleep at night!