Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am having trouble with Anglian Windows. I paid a deposit

I am having trouble with Anglian Windows. I paid a deposit at the beginning of July, plus various other payments, all adding up to over £7000 to have a replacement roof (polycarbonate tiles) on my conservatory. Two weeks ago I had a letter informing me they would start work the week beginning 6th Nov. However, they now tell me the work would start end of November or beginning Dec. Have they not fulfilled their side of the contract?
And can I cancel the contract and get at least some of my money back? Sal

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have they said on what basis they can change the dates?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you telling me I have to pay for follow up questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What further info are you giving me on my original question?

Yes, they are in breach of contract.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. I will do as you say and see if I can get a refund. Maybe then I will sleep at night!

Great!