How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Please can you tell me where I stand on my legal position. I

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** can you tell me where I stand on my legal position. I clipped a parked car in the dark causing some rear damage in my works vehicle I foolishly did not stop at the seen full of shock. instead of calling the police I called my boss as a result the next day my boss called me and I have lost my job. I have letter from the police asking me to reply voluntary ref the accident just would like to know what may happen. If you could reply back that would be great thankyou.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

They could prosecute you for failing to stop and report. That carries 5-10 points or a potential ban.

They would probably accept a plea to driving without due care and attention. That just carries 3- 9 points or a potential ban but that is not appropriate here.

Can I clarify anything for you?