How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son has an eighteen year old daughter from a previous

Customer Question

My son has an eighteen year old daughter from a previous relationship and has been paying his dues through the CSA organisation. His circumstances changed just over three years ago with the birth of his son with his now partner with whom he is in a permanent and stable relationship. The CSA are demanding additional maintenance per month for his daughter which to be frank he is struggling to pay, as like many young people today, he has a mortgage and all the usual outgoings for supporting a family. So far the CSA, despite repeatedly informing them of the birth of his son and all his current circumstances, have seemingly refused to acknowledge his sons existence. My questions being, does now, having the responsibility of a new family, have some influence on his maintenance payments? Do the CSA have to take account of his new family? Should they be acknowledging his new son? And should they reassess his payments taking all information into account. I would like to add he has full intentions of continuing paying maintenance for his daughter, but would pay at a level he can better afford.
Yours faithfully,
G J Stone (concerned father)
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 months ago.

How much is he paying just now? What is his gross weekly income. How many nights does his daughtier stay with him? They should be reassessing where there is an additional child. I can try to do the calculation for you if you let me have the information.