How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My husband has just got a letter from the CSA he was on the

Customer Question

Hello my husband has just got a letter from the CSA he was on the old system saying he owes 3000 in arrears, when the child was younger she is now 18 him & his ex partner came to a private agreement so was shocked when he got a letter saying his case closed in 2015 and owes 3000. The thing is we continue to pay the mother on a private agreement until march 2017 when we could of stopped paying 2 years ago so she had an extra 4000 from us. I have spoke to the CSA this morning and they have told me it is up to the mother if she wants to claim the arrears back. If she does can we claim the extra 2 years we have payed to her as like I said before we could of stopped paying 2 years ago.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your quetsion

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Have they said how the arrears arose?