How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6447
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have recently been on a flight from Gatwick to Orlando I

Customer Question

I have recently been on a flight from Gatwick to Orlando I paid the money for premium seats for me and my family - however my seat was a broken seat my son rang BA when we got to Orlando to register the complaint and the sales assistant offered 7500 avios points. I have emailed the ceo Alex Cruz this morning and I have just received a call from a young assistant apologising but said they would offer no more help. I also questioned why was a spot check not done before allowing people on the flight he said he can’t answer that. I suffer from multiple sclerosis and I had a 9 hour horrible flight. Also BA safety drill is all seats must be upright for take off yet mine was not which is in breacg
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you would like to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like to know where I stand in the problem I had
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I refuse to pay more money as you do not make this clear
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 months ago.

What is it you want to achieve?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I want know where I stand
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 months ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 months ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.