How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My court order for child support states that it is based on

Customer Question

My court order for child support states that it is based on my P60, i.e. historical earnings. I have now left my job due to a dispute. I will pay a proportion of my compensation to my ex wife in accordnace with the order, but going forward, I will be unable to meet the amount based on prior years earnings. Do I need to apply to the court to vary the original order?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

You gave two choices - you can either apply to the court for a downward variation - or you can apply to the CMS for an assessment which would replace the Court Order completely (provided the order is more than 12 months old)

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details