How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I act as a consulting engineer trading as a limited company.

Customer Question

I act as a consulting engineer trading as a limited company. Will my liabilities fully end when I close the company to retire, or do i still need to have a run-off professional Indemnity cover
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. You could still be sued personally for professional negligence - such a claim could last for six years. For certainty I would recommend retaining the cover for a period of six years. Are you in a regulated industry - if so best practice is to ask your regulator or professional body as to what level of run off cover should be put into place. Kind regards AJ