How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Dear, Following on from our discussion earlier this week I'm

This answer was rated:

Dear John, Following on from our discussion earlier this week I'm keen to plan a way forward with you. I've also sent an email to you as per the correspondence earlier in the week.I'm currently travelling to Southern Africa for a four week work assignment, but I am available to discuss via email

There is no reason why they can’t do this and they don’t give a reason. All they need is evidence of who you are and confirmation that you deal with your mother’s affairs. They have the mandate from you.

JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi John, many thanks for the quick response. I've sent a further email to the company, and I'll try to setup a call with them next week and I'll let you know the outcome.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dear John, Thanks for the advice. I received a response on Monday this week where they give a reason. I'm still not convinced they have responded accurately. I'll send you the contents of their response via email now.

Most attorneys hold an account in their name “as attorney for .....”. However, there is no reason why the mandate your mother has signed should not be implemented subject to them carrying out the usual ID and ML checks.