How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7249
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Just registered deposit bond, after 12 months due to family

This answer was rated:

Just registered deposit bond, after 12 months due to family problems ,qq now we are experiencing continually late payments from Tennant. Partner had words with them and it ended in him giving them a months notice. Can u give us any advice as we know we are in the wrong.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What type of tenancy do they have please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Fixed term ended, 6monthes ago.

Ok. Did partner give notice before or after Protection?

Have you served written notice?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
one month.

Was notice served before or after?

protection of deposit that is......

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
did it yesterday.

the bad news is that you can’t jut give written notice, it need to be a prescribed format.

Please see

The law says you have to protect the deposit before giving notice. If not, the notice is invalid.

It seems that notice may not have been served before it was protected. Even if it was you still have a problem. Your notice is not valid.

The law says you must give two months notice.

I realise they are now on a monthly tenancy but the law says you still must give them two months notice.

So you have not given valid notice.

You need to do it in the prescribed Format and give two months notice.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you