How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35219
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex is fraudulently claiming domestic violence in order to

This answer was rated:

my ex is fraudulently claiming domestic violence in order to get legal aid in family court. how do I report this

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What evidence has your spouse relied on?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
he is not my spouse. He is the father of my child and as far as I understand he has just alleged on the legal aid forms that he has been the victim of domestic abuse in order to get legal aid in order to get support in child hearing. I just need to know who I can contact to get his claim looked into. As far as I am concerned he is illegally claiming legal aid. It just seems to have been accepted that his allegations are true - which they are not and I can provide evidence to prove this. I feel that it is really unfair that he is getting legal aid under false pretenses and all I can find on line is what to do if he's lying about his income.

He cannot simply say so on the form - he had to produce evidence to get the Legal Aid.

You are entitled to write to the Legal Aid Agency to challenge the grant

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you