My ex friend is slandering me and my business and other

My ex friend is slandering me and my business and other local businesses what can I do?

What is he saying?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have my own hair and beauty business at which I'm very successful, I have my business page on FB where I post my achievements and qualifications, he's saying that they are not true fact. He's just recently opened up his own Barber Shop and feels threatened by my success and is trying to tarnish my skills and character.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would prefer to chat here please. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He sent me very abusive messages on Messenger but I was so upset I just deleted them all and blocked him from everything on Social media. I just want to be prepared for any further repercussions from this, is there anything legal I can do to deter him from further slander ??

Sorry for the delay

Is he saying this to others or just to you on social media?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Social media I haven’t proof of him saying to anyone yet. I just want to deter him for any further slander.

That isn't defamation then I'm afraid.

That is just making unpleasant comments.

Defamation only arises when a person causes serious damage to the reputation of another which can only be done when they communicate with others.

I'm very sorry but that is the reality.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your advice.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile