12826847

Parking company cpm threatening court action on 4-5 parking

Customer Question

parking company cpm threatening court action on 4-5 parking tickets. they have my right name( from dvla) but wrong address where i never lived and have no date of birth of mying.if they went to court and i get ccj would it affect my credit rating?the car is insured under my name.the parking tickets are unpaid most of them about a year old now.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Hi is this the reason you have not paid these tickets?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i could not afford charge, i wanted to pay less but the discount period is over now. every other car got tickets in my area, its less space more cars.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

OK.

Are you prepared to risk being sued?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
depends how much is the risk to my credit file...do you the answer of my question?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

If they got a CCJ then it would show on your credit file although if you pay within 28 days of judgment you can ask for removal.

You don't seem to ask any other questions? I'm happy to help if you have any.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok but they do not have my date of birth or right address, how would it show on my credit file,,there are so many people same as my name.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

The date of birth is a non issue.

They will just write to the address at the DVLA and secure a CCJ which will be added to your record.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok but dvla has my old address not new address, and old address is not where they have sent court letters. i mean there will be many drivers of my name in dvla data.
and would they bother a court action for 4-6 unpaid tickets
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

If there is a redirection then it should reach your new address.

Yes, they probably will. They may not for one. For four it is worth suing. No guarantees obviously.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok fine but what i am thinking is how would dvla know that its me, when there are many" jay kumar" in dvla data base. like my car registration address is different and license address is different.
and going forward what do you suggest should i call the negotiate with parking company or just ignore it? and tickets are about to get a year old near to expire.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Because they will have searched using the registration number.

I am sorry but if you ignore it they will get a CCJ