I have had insurance for years with RAC and have found there

Customer Question

I have had insurance for years with RAC and have found there was a discrepancy between the change of information between the previous company and the new company and myself .I have been mislead as regards ***** ***** told in a letter this January for the first time that this was happening.When calling about a quote for my new home insurance I discovered that I had been paying the company when I was not infact covered.I was told
that the insurance company prior was Aviva who I stated my cover 10 yrs or more ago.Only finding out that it was Arthur J.Gallaghar who had taken over.I had things instorage after renting my house out since 2002 and was insured by the Rac which apparently was with Aviva.Iw get told that they had me on their books for 8 years when the correspondence I received was from Jan 2017. feel that I've been mislead and paid all this time for a service I wasnot getting.KInd Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 months ago.

Hello Anne my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. What is it you would like to ask me about this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Jamie I'd like to know if it's worth going to small claims with the CAB. Arthur J.Gallagher said I had been covered by them for 8 years then on contacting them explaining it was my possessions in storage whilst renting my house out whilst working overseas,I only found out by proxy as I was getting quotes for my home insurance renewal.AJGIBL
told me I wasn't covered since they took over from Aviva 8 years ago .Whereas Rac only told me that they were only involved since Jan 2017 when they terminated their contract..The products which have not been covering me for 8 years were by AJGBL and said that Aviva were responsible.I feel let down by RAC as they stated that I had nothing to do and that my direct debit will still be in place.I thought I was still being taken care of from when I first commenced with Rac in 2002.Apparently this is not so and I wondered if I was eligible for some kind of reimbursement as I feel totally mislea.Is it worth contacting the CAB?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Jamie did you receive my information I sent to you.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I haven't got a reply Jamie.I'm between jobs and cannot obtain a salary until Feb I can't afford to phone aswell

How much are you seeking to claim?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Jamie I will get back to you Ilook after my 93 yr old Dad and do shiftwork so working tonight.I maybe not have time to correspond until Weekend but I've discussed it with my bank and have asked for copies of phone calls.They have even increased fees and changed companies without telling me. The bank pointed this out to me.Kind Regards Anne

Sure. Take your time