13262538

Is it lawfull to tell a couple they must split up or they

is it lawfull to tell a couple they must split up or they will have there child permanently fostered if they refuse 2 weeks ago gave birth to a son who has now been refused home by social services due to conditions of what have been so far kept to ,, this couple are friends and are distraught they cant take the child home if they forced to separate this will be to much to handle and I disagree that this is lawfull

Why are the authoriities saying this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there are a couple of conditions that are been made as a reason for there child been refused home.. there was previous have had issues with misuse of drugs that have been controlled via blood and dna testing with over the pregnancy without complaint and over the last 18 months and now have been informed that previous domestic issuses has come up just now as a reason that they must split or the child will not be allowed to return home

You need to see a solicitor who can argue the human rights issues that arise here, specifically the right to a family life. I presume you dispute that the baby would come to harm in the care of both parents. That being the case, you should get a lawyer on your side immediately.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I have been a family lawyer for more than 35 years

Have Care proceedings actually been issued or is the child in care om the basis of a S20 agreement?

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.