Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have submitted a bullying and harassment s grievance

Dear Sir /Madame
I have submitted a bullying and harassment s grievance against my managers at the BBC world service on the 23d of October and had a receipt from the HR.
The response I got was that the case is being proceeded.. On the 4th of December, and after a reminder sent by me ( it was not the first) I have received a response saying that a hearing manger has been appointed to look into my grievance. It happens that this manager is a part of my grievance, (conflict of interest) and I have explained the case in my response, suggesting having an alternative or someone with him.
They did not object but they asked me to provide more examples to support my allegations, and I did. Now am waiting them to get back to me.
I admit that my case is complicated but well documented, but my question is: is there any time limit if exceeded I lose my right to go to the court?
wael

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
more than 10 years

on what grounds were you bullied/harassed?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The case is on two level:
1- Verbal threatening (to harm my carrier), demoralization, and punishment wish endured and still. The punishment is supported by evident context and events.
2- I have raised allegations against some editorial and professional practices within our service.

Any bullying on grounds such as gender, age, race, religion?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No
the only thing to link the two levels are what I said "- I believe I have been punished for challenging the management constantly regarding editorial issues. If that was not clear enough in my grievance I am just seizing this opportunity to point out to that fact".but there are no clear discrimination based on gender/race/religions, or age.

Thank you. The main question is what court claim will you be making. You cannot make a claim for bullying alone - in employment situations you have to resign or be dismissed in order to make a claim for constructive dismissal or unfair dismissal respectively. Unless there were discriminatory reasons, which you confirmed there aren’t, your only way of claiming for bullying is through one of these methods. So you will not run out of time as your employment has not yet terminated.

In terms of harassment, there is also a possibility to make a claim in the civil court for that, without there being a requirement to leave first. For that the time limit is 6 years from the date the alleged act of harassment occurred, so you will be in plenty of time to claim still.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you