How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6733
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

May I seek your advice. I made an introduction as the

This answer was rated:

May I seek your advice. I made an introduction as the contracted agent for a mid-size business in the sale of... to a PLC. I have a contract and email string which includes NDA's and the scheduling of the initial conference call between Directors for both parties. In July the Directors of the mid-sized company accepted an offer and sold to the PLC however I read about the acquisition recently, as no one notified me. I have since forwarded an invoice (& copy of the contract) for my Introduction fee. They have replied querying the figures for which I have sent the link to the PLC interim financial report which clearly states the acquisition and financials. This is a £6M deal for which my fee is .75%. I noted that in their reply they have cc'd a solicitor - Dispute Resolution. Does this mean I should consider one myself and could you assist or recommend a legal representation. BTW Merry Christmas Regards ***** *****

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How much would your claim be for?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Jamie
Sorry, not quite what I was expecting as a reply, but I am new to this ..
.75% of circa £6M = circa £45,000 which is what I state in my message.
I thought I was going to get a reply to my question with some advice...
What experience do you have in Dispute Resolution?
Where are you based?
Are you are part of a Legal firm or Freelance?
Toto Selsdon

This site is for online advice only and not to be taken as a formal Solicitor client relationship. We cant act for you but can only tell you what the law is and what you should do.

I am based in the Midlands. I work for the site. I am qualified Solicitor. I am in Court most days with disputes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Jamie
Sorry, just a little suspicious of online services.
The site seems to throw costs at me before I do anything.
I have committed to £47.00 and am none the wiser in regards ***** ***** initial query.
I would expect a initial consultation, but the site suggests a further £44.00 ..
"tell you what the law is and what you should do" I have learned nothing so far.. can you expand in regards ***** ***** answer to my initial query?
Thanks - I don't mean to be a pain

Your query is this: Does this mean I should consider one myself?

The answer is no, not at this stage.

If they wont budge and you intend to take it to Court then yes, you need to get someone involved.

You do not have to, but in my view, given the sums claimed (hence asking), it would be wise.

Can we recommend:

Sadly its against site rules. But I would recommend a public access Barrister which you can fine at:

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
If not, might I invite you to rate my service 5 stars. If you need anything else, let me know.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you Jamie.