Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

Is it a legal requirement to have an agenda fr an AGM and an

is it a legal requirement to have an agenda fr an AGM and an ordinary meeting

Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. For a private limited company there is no requirement to provide an agenda for a general meeting, as it can be validly called on short notice, if the requisite number of shareholders consent (which is 90% of the voting share capital). If notice is served (of 14 days) then S.311 of the Companies Act 2006 applies - and the notice must contain the following:

(1)Notice of a general meeting of a company must state—

(a)the time and date of the meeting, and

(b)the place of the meeting.

(2)Notice of a general meeting of a company must state the general nature of the business to be dealt with at the meeting.

This still does not require an agenda - and can be construed in wide terms - just bullet points of each item.

In any event if notice is not served, as long as you have the quorum number of shareholders, it is unlikely the director will be deemed to have committed an offence.
Can I assist you any further?

AJ

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
does this also apply to an AGM
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
does ths also apply to an AGM

Thank you. Yes it does - there is no legal requirement to hold an AGM if you are a private limited company. You only need to conduct normal shareholder meetings. As an AGM is held annually it is less likely to be held on short notice, and formal written notice is more likely. Kind regards AJ