Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Can i sue my local for stress due to the fact that they

Can i sue my local for stress due to the fact that they haven't emptied my bins since october which has left me with bin bags full of rubbish gathering up in my house which Is causing me lot of necessary stress. I would also like to know if the council are breaking any environmental health laws by not emptying the bins

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have you been to your gp and been disganosed with stress as a direct result?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I haven't seen my own doctor yet but i do have an appointment to see them on tuesday

if it is a direct link then yes.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation. within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's great thank you very much for your help i will speak to my doctor then decide what to do . Can you advice if my local council have a legal obligation to empty the bins due to the environmental health act of 1990 .

no, the duty doesn’t arise under that.