How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49816
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Jamie told me to write me losses and send it to the company

This answer was rated:

Jamie told me to write me losses and send it to the company to issue refund.
I’m not sure to send it to either the bank or the modelling company
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
A modelling company is trying to scam me i think, they called me up to their studio and said that i could be a model but have to pay £4000 so i did pay them with american express credit card. After coming home i went online and saw reviews that its a scam and things which other people described was same as it happened with me. Now i want a refund its only been 1 day. I have this document aswell.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

To start with you should approach your bank to dispute this transaction and to make a claim via Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1975. This makes the credit card company jointly responsible with the agency and they should try and get you your money back. If the bank is unable or unsuccessful in getting your money back, then any claim you make would be against the agency. So if you had to go through the small claims court you would be making a claim against the agency, not the credit card.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thankyou for your help just one more thing, the bank called me to confirm if i want to make a payment of £4000 to confirm, i said yes.
Should i still approach the bank saying them to refund under thai section or just head to the agency for the refund.
And how do i claim

You can still claim with the credit card even if you had approved the payment to start with. All you need to do is contact their customer services and say you want to make a section 75 claim, what do you have to do about it - they will then tell you what they require, you will probably have to fill out some forms for them.

If you later had to make a court claim against the agency itself, that would be done online via

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I haven’t talk yo the agency, should i first talk to them about refunding or just straight away talk to the bank first under s75 claim.
And just one more thing the document that I signed said that “once i leave the building i can no longer reduce or cancel the order’
Is it still possible to claim back
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the agency said that after 3 weeks they will provide me the job but i hardly believe them, and I don’t want to delay in refunding

you can certainly try the agency first because it would be easier to get the refund directly from them but if they do not respond or refuse, then you can approach the bank.

The document may say that you cannot cancel once you leave but you can still do this if they fail to do what they promise, so if after 3 weeks they have not found you anything you can allege they have acted in breach of contract and pursue the refund as mentioned above. SO you will likely have to wait these 3 weeks because they may still do what they promised and if that happens, you cannot really cancel - you can only cancel and ask for a refund if they have failed to what they promised

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thankyou so much

all the best

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can i ask one more thing, till what time i can claim ? Isn’t it for within 14 days ?

not at all, the s75 does not have a time limit but check with the bank just in case they have their own time limit and for court it is a 6 year time limit

Ben Jones and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi ben, can i ask one more thing. Of i call the agency on monday and talk to him about when is the shoot and is it confirm and everything and I record all the conversation on a voice memo, will that br helpful for me if anything goes wrong later on
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

yes it can always be useful as evidence in the future, in the event they dispute what they told you