Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have an ongoing priblem with the Easyjet airline. It

I have an ongoing priblem with the Easyjet airline. It involves a delay of nearly two and a half days when returning from madeira to Bristol on Monday 2nd October. It involves taxi fares from madeira airport to over night accommodation and rerurn. They say if we take transport when they provide it there is no refund. The definitely did not provide transport on this occasion and on behalf of a total of 7 passengers who wen to this accommodation I claimed to cost which was 234 Euros. We have reached the state now when they will not reply to my emails. I have all the necessary proof and copies of all they haven sent. I will say here that they have already paid two sevenths of this amount (£59) but I cant get any further. Can y9ou help please?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much are you seeking to claim please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Total of claim is 234 Euros shared between 7 passengers. I have received £59 to cover 2 passengers. I have the taxi receipts and copies of all I have received from Easyjet

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of this cost within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for that. I will do as you suggest but although a phone call would be good, spending the extra would not be good as the amount is very small. Do I get this as a free trial or do I pay £37?

A call is an extra cost I am afraid.

Can I help you with anything else today?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
IS this going to cost me £37 then?

This chat - if you are on a free trial, then no.

If you want a call, then yes.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK Thanks very much. It seems a h opeless task dealing with Easyjet but it has become a matter of principal now. Cheers

Indeed. All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the top of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you in advance and good luck!