How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6733
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have just won a county court judgement against a Ltd

This answer was rated:

I have just won a county court judgement against a Ltd company, I want to put it up to the High court because I believe the director will close the company as he has already started another at the same address, he is just trying to get out of paying me want he agreed to for my business that he has taken over.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you would like ti to know about this today, please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I upgrade it to high court and send in the high court sheriff's

You can get a High Court enforcement Company to do this for you.

The cost is: £66

You can do it here:

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will need the judgement details, how do I get them please

You need to get this off the Court.

If you obtained Judgment there will be a Court order. You will need this document.

If you do not have it, call the Court and they can send a copy.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Would I be able to go to the court a collect it, as it would be quicker.

It would be the Court which issued Judgment. It may not be your local one.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is my local county court that I went to on Friday.
I want to upgrade before he try's to close the company, which I believe he will as he has already started a new one at same address.
If I don't get paid, I believe I can make the company bankrupt which would stop him being a company director of another company, he is sole director of both companies.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Am I correct about this?

Sure. You can do this and get a copy Judgment on Monday.

It may take them several days to process any request for Judgment.

No, even if the company is wound up, that doesn't stop him being a Director of another,

In any event, it would cost you around £1,500 to wind the company up, as opposed to £66 for sending in High Court bailiffs.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok but I believe he is doing this to get away with not paying what was agreed for my business, will I be able to get back control of the phone number and web address, as it is the most beneficial part, other than the data base, which would be difficult to stop him using.
I spent nearly 35 years building up my client database.

I agree. But at this stage, take the High Court option.

You can consider what to do after this.

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thank you

All the best.