How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 17299
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

We want to go to USA for a holiday my friend has a 46 year

This answer was rated:

we want to go to USA for a holiday
my friend has a 46 year old conviction for possession and supply of a small amount of cannabis - what can we do in relation to a visa?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

In relation to an ESTA you are asked if you have ever been convicted of an offence of moral turpitude or arrested for drugs related matters.

Clearly, this is a yes.

However, there is no information sharing for this type of matter between the UK and the USA.

So if he ticked no, no-one would know unless he declared it when he entered the country.

Clearly, I can't tell you to lie, but the reality is many people go to the USA with convictions without being found out.

Otherwise, you would need to apply for a visa, this includes an interview in London.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi just going to find out a bit more - will get back to you thanks !


Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He visited US in 2007 and can't remember what he did. Was the form the same then? He didn't go to the embassy for an interview -