Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We want to go to USA for a holiday my friend has a 46 year

we want to go to USA for a holiday
my friend has a 46 year old conviction for possession and supply of a small amount of cannabis - what can we do in relation to a visa?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

In relation to an ESTA you are asked if you have ever been convicted of an offence of moral turpitude or arrested for drugs related matters.

Clearly, this is a yes.

However, there is no information sharing for this type of matter between the UK and the USA.

So if he ticked no, no-one would know unless he declared it when he entered the country.

Clearly, I can't tell you to lie, but the reality is many people go to the USA with convictions without being found out.

Otherwise, you would need to apply for a visa, this includes an interview in London.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi just going to find out a bit more - will get back to you thanks !

Sure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He visited US in 2007 and can't remember what he did. Was the form the same then? He didn't go to the embassy for an interview -