Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Paid £40k deposit to contractor. My contract funding was

Paid £40k deposit to contractor. My contract funding was pulled so cancelled the order with the contractor.The contractor is now saying that the deposit was non-refundable as they've already started manufacturing some of the work. Their T&Cs do state that refunds are non-refundable, and will invoice me further if they haven't covered their costs.Are they entitled to do this?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

How much work, in terms of cost, have they said they have done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm waiting on that information at the moment. They said they had office people working on the project, coupled with some manufactured items, etc. They said they'd paid for certain things up front, including labour, and are out of pocket.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was business to business btw.

I assume you have requested a call.