How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 17298
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have a camper van in my possession that I carried out

This answer was rated:

I have a camper van in my possession that I carried out repairs on 12/12/2016
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The customer has never come back to me after dropping the vehicle off. I contacted DVLA and they refused to disclose the owners address to me
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Herne Bay Kent.
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: Mt standard terms are £8 a day storage fee after 2 weeks.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
December 2016 a customer brought a camper van to my workshop for repair. I fitted a new radiator for her and awaited her return. It is now 2018 band she still has not come back. My terms are £8 per day storage charge after 2 weeks of vehicle being left at my premises. I contacted DVLA to get details of the owner but they refuse to give them to me. Where do I go from here please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Hello Jamie

You need to get a Court order to obtain the information.

You need to do this by completing form N1:

Put the Defendant name down, but address as TBA.

You can then make an application for a third party disclosure order using form N244:
This is the cheapest way of doing it. Otherwise, it will cost you £308 to issue against the DVLA.

Once you get a Court order, DVLA will disclose the details.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What I really need to know is can I dispose of the vehicle to cover my costs?

Yes, but you need to give notice to the owners.

So you can, but once they have been given 30 days.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you you.
So to recap I must send them an invoice for repairs, storage charges and give them 30 days to reply.
After this time I may dispose of the vehicle to cover my costs and return any excess monies to the original owner as that seems a fair thing to do?


Does that assist?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it does thanks

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the top of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks again. Goodnight.