Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have an Xbox one and with Microsoft’s most recent update

I have an Xbox one and with Microsoft’s most recent update it factory restored my console which cause my Xbox to uninstall 130+ games and deleted ALL data related to those games including user accounts and progression on all games. Which totalled 1040 hours (last I checked) worth of work and progress. I can’t recover the data and I’m not the only one it’s happened to. Do I have any legal ground to be compensated for such a loss?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Sadly not.

There is no contract with Microsoft for the progression of games. Sadly they are not responsible for that.

I feel that your progression has been wiped, but Microsoft sadly are not liable.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I Want to give you, but I have a duty, to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That’s unfortunate, but thanks for your help.

Sorry it is not better news.