Ok, I thought you had asked me to review papers.
1) No. Just because there is a claim, does not mean they will win against you.
If your son drove without your permission then you will not be liable. It is only where you have been negligent, here you were not. You did not give permission
2) You can only do this by writing to the other side and offering a settlement. Just because they are claiming £10k, does not mean they will settle at that. They may take far less
3) If it does go to Court I would suggest you get a public access barrister. You can find out at:
4) Yes. You may well get a Barrister to help with your defence statement too.
5) Sadly, nothing you can do about this now
6) If you wish. But in any event, it sounds like you are not liable. Your son is. He will have to pay all this himself.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?
If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.