How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18344
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have a housing issue myself n my 16yr have been

This answer was rated:

Hello good morning I have a housing issue myself n my 16yr have been temporarily housed in a studio flat by Barnet council under Camden myself and my son share a bed n no privacy we also cook in the same room Camden environmental health has been to assess the room and written to Barnet council about the situation but nothing seems to have been done . We have been there since august 2015 till date
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This app is a ripoff

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Forgive the delay, I have been in Court.

Have you bid on other properties?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Myself and my son have been placed in temporary accommodation we have been assessed as band 4 I have not been approved for biding

Are you saying you are in the wrong band?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am sharing a bed in a studio flat with my son and we have been assessed as suitably housed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Environmental health has been round and written to Barnet council that their is sexual overcrowding but nothing seems to jabbed been done

Ok - if you disagree with the decision then you should write to the Chief Officer of the Council and make a formal complaint.

Do not email or call - put it in a letter and set out your position.

That office will investigate the matter and report back to you.

If you are unhappy with the response then, and only then can you can you complain to the Local Government Ombudsman.

They offer a free, independent service and can examine your complaint. They can do this at:

If they do not uphold the complaint, your final option is to seek a Judicial Review through the High Court.

A Judge will look at the decision of the Council to see if it is legal and reasonable.

A Judge can agree with the decision or send it back for further consideration.

For more information on that process please see:

But the Chief Officer or the Ombudsman should resolve the issue for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Barnet council sent me a website homefindets uk to bid all the proertoare either in Liverpool , Newcastle there's no properties in London my son schools in Barnet he attends Totteridge Academy he is due to take his GCSE this year hence why I cannot move out of London and I work as a porter at the Royal free hospital
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I wanted you to write me an official letter and represent me would that be possible plz

Sadly we are an online only service, so cant write letters or represent you.

I would go down the Chief Officer and Ombudsman route. These are free and do not cost anything.

Judicial Review can be a very expensive process.
But write a letter to the Chief Officer - that will start the whole thing off. Then you know whether it is being looked at seriously.

But the reality is, if there are no houses, you cant make them build one.

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you