How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 17682
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have a county court judgment against my next door

This answer was rated:

I have a county court judgment against my next door neighbour for £3000.
He left his flat around Sept 27th when the claim was issued.
He has not been back to his flat since & has ignored all my calls & texts.
I have a claim number as I did it online but me saved emails do not go back that far.
I have tried to call Lambeth county court but they are constantly busy.
Should I proceed to the high court with 'The sherriffs are coming' as they can put a trace on the neighbour?
Karen Beach

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you know where he has gone to?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is staying with a friend called Rachel in Herne Hill. I do not know her sirname address or 'phone no.
He is having treatment at Guys hospital for cancer as an outpatient.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They both use a local drug service & a place called 'Every Pound Counts' for their benefits. I have the same benefit advisor as the defendant Steve but he will not give me Rachels address.
I am in a wheelchair which makes running around trying to find him difficult.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The county court claim no is D2QZ88CW
Claimant ms karen beach
Ref 02051955
Defendant mr Steven burrows
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Claim issued on 27th September 2017
Claim sent to defendant on the 27th.
The defendant has until 16th october to reply. He has just ignored everything.

Ok - but you do not know his address?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
His address is next door to me. I am 21 Belmont Cose SW4 6AT & he is 22.
I do not know the address of where he is staying, no.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know his phone no but he ignores all my calls & texts.***********

Do you have any idea where he has moved to?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Somewhere in Herne Hill. He is still a tenant of next door. All his mail comes here.

Does he own his flat?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. Lambeth council own it

Yes, you can enforce. As long as you have served on the last known residential address you will be ok.

You can now transfer to the High Court and send in the bailiffs.

If they were a home owner, you could have gotten a charge on the property.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are the bailiffs allowed to enter when he is not there?

No. Bailiffs are never pemitted to break in, even if he was living there.

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.