Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

We purchased a new washing machine from Currys/PCworld and

We purchased a new washing machine from Currys/PCworld and paid £90 to have it installed, the installers damaged the integral door of our fitted kitchen by drilling a hole from the back through to the laminate at the front, the kitchen was purchased from Howden's Joinery 5 years ago and no longer supply these units, we have sent several e-mails to Currys and twice they have sent a fitter along who could not fix nor suggest a solution and they are now ignoring recent e-mails asking them to do something about the damage, also the washing machine shakes when on a spin cycle and has not been secured properly. We have contacted MasterCard with whom we paid and they have put a hold on the payment. We have tried all sorts of door manufacturers in our own time but keep drawing a blank about someone supplying a colour match door. The refurbished kitchen cost us £15,000.00 in Oct/Nov 2011 and it's now ruined. What steps can we take under the consumers act to start a claim for a new refurbished kitchen ?

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

So based on what you have described, what are you ideally wanting so that I can look into your options?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Based on my original question, what's my next step under the consumers rights act to get Currys to move forward ?

OK, thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Hi there, so my suggestion is to contact Currys and state that due to their negligence they have caused you damage which you can expect them to put right. The law requires them to put you in the position you would have been had their negligent act not occurred. If they do not take steps to resolve this, then advise them that you reserve your right to source and undertake a repair/replacement yourself and then you will hold them liable for the costs incurred in doing so and pursue them for the recovery of these.