F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

We purchased our property in 1981 and have had several sets

We purchased our property in 1981 and have had several sets of nextdoor neigbours over the years. They all had a right of way through our garden but this was never abused and in fact very rarely if ever used. The new neigbours (3 years now) had some beuilding work done and we discussed daily access over the 8 months it took to cpmplete, with no problems. However, they now say they will used the right of way twice a day to bring their bikes through. The path goes right past my conservatory and the two children look in each time they pass. They also have left the side gate out to a main road undone and my dog has now gone through this. It has meant I have to constantly check the gate before letting him out. I also informed them over a year ago of my intention to work from home in my garden pod with Counselling and they said if I tell them what time clients are coming they will wait for an hour. This is an invasion of both my and my clients privacy. I have to remember the time of day to be in a suitable state of dress in my own house, watch the gate twice a day. It has left me feeling totally invaded after over 30 years of privacy.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Forgot to say they said give a list of times and dates when clients would be here. My ethical boundaries mean they would be aware of clients which I do not agree to.

Hello for clarification - is this terraced houses? any relevant re the configuration would be helpful thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am end of terrace
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
still here
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
seem to have lost contact with your answer

We spoke