12826847

My 12 year old daughter has had her photograph taken whilst

Hello, my 12 year old daughter has had her photograph taken whilst changing for PE in school by a girl in her class on her smart phone. The photograph was then sent via Snapchat to one or two of the girl's friends. My daughter was in her underwear at the time and the teacher had left the class unsupervised. Two of my daughter's friends provided written witness statements which I have in my possession that agree with the above. I have made a complaint to the school who I feel have whitewashed the whole affair. They have spoken to the girl involved and confiscated her phone for the rest of the day and that's pretty much it.
What can I do legally please? Has this girl committed a crime or as she is a minor is she immune please? Has the school breached their statutory safeguarding duties please?
Thanks and sorry it's an unpleasant question.

It depends on the nature of the photograph but the police will not be interested if this girl is 12. Juveniles that young are fairly rarely prosecuted and, in fairness, it is not really appropriate use of public funds.

You cannot force the school to take action. I suppose you could complain to the local authority.

Im really sorry but I cannot agree that the school have breached anything. There has been an incident and they have taken action. What it comes down to is that you feel their action is inadequate and they disagree. Overall, their actions seem reasonable. I'm not sure what you were expecting but she wasn't going to be expelled over this.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** information needed, thanks for your response