Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Someone has called me to others such names as a cow they

Someone has called me to others such names as a cow bitch they hater me slimy lying bitch can i have a cease letter sent to them

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Do you know this person personally? Please can you also tell me what your specific question is in relation to this so that I can advise? Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Ben yes i know this person personally he is a man that didn't like it when his partner found out she had been deceitful this man met up with another woman on hoilday this had been pre arranged by them both he partner found out and asked if i knew a out it i told her yes i did its a long story his partner has seen they have been constantly active on messenger together she aske me a out this ever since this the he has been textung people calling me a slimy lying bitch a nasty cow she texted someone and said as for Pauline i hater her she is a nasty cow he has called me an instgating vindicated bitch all this is beacause i told the truth about him arranging to meet this woman on hoilday i have had three coronery stents and his remarks have had an adverse effect on my health what is my legal rights can i instruct a solicitor to send him a cease letter

OK, thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Many thanks for your patience. There is nothing stopping you from sending a cease and desist letter but legally it is unlikely to make much difference. Of course they may pay attention to it and decide not to make any more derogatory remarks, but equally they can quite simply ignore it and continue what they have been doing to date.

If that was to happen then you have to consider how best to deal wit it. Some people may suggest a claim for defamation but realistically that is unlikely to be a good option. It is very complex and expensive and you are looking at upward of £15k to pursue the claim.

You could ague it is harassment if he has made these comments on more than one occasion. That can be reported to the police and a civil claim pursued as well if needed.

If you are happy to pay a solicitor to send such a letter on your behalf, then do go ahead - it could be useful and do the trick. But as mentioned, it certainly does not guarantee anything and the person can very easily ignore it and continue what they have been doing.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you